USN AVIATION KITTING
NAVAIR requires ongoing high-level support of the kit management system for the Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division.
Sierra’s Central Kitting Activity (CKA) offers assembly, warehouse storage, distribution, and reclamation of Technical Directive (TD) change kits for all Naval Air Systems Command aviation systems and subsystems, including foreign military sales assembly.
Project management includes:
- Providing subject matter experts in TD change kit assembly, unclassified and classified inventory management, storage, distribution, and reclamation.
- Managing government-furnished equipment (GFE) used to conduct CKA operations, primarily Navy Enterprise Resource Planning technology.
- Providing end-user feedback and user improvement recommendations.
As program manager for NAWCAD’s kit management system, Sierra has instigated:
- Rapid and cost-effective procurement of commercial material in support of PMA-265.
- Implementation of a paperless record-keeping system to streamline the usage of more than $1M in GFE.
- An aggressive parts utilization program resulting in a cost savings of $10M to NAVAIR PMAs.